About the Job:
The Irrigation Technician is a key position that helps deliver exceptional quality to our customers by managing their water resources. Some days you will be working on multiple commercial properties inspecting and repairing irrigation systems, other days you could be working with maintenance crews, installing landscapes, or applying fertilizers and pesticides. As a small but growing company, this position requires a great deal of flexibility in job roles and responsibilities! If you consider yourself a do-it-all kind of person, this is a perfect fit!
- Drive a company truck, and occasionally trailer to job sites
- Occasionally supervise a crew of 1-3 crew members
- Follow and enforce company policies to ensure safety on the job
- Repair all kinds of irrigation systems ranging from multi wire to 2 wire
- Install new irrigation systems
- Create irrigation maps for new properties
- Accurately record parts and labor to allow for proper client billing
- Perform irrigation audits to determine potential upgrades
- Occasionally use a variety of mechanical equipment to mow lawns, ranging from push mowers to riding mowers
- Occasionally use blowers, edgers, line trimmers, and hedge trimmers to perform maintenance operations
- Use hand tools such as shovels, rakes, picks, and other hand tools to assist in performing maintenance operations
- Safely apply herbicides and pesticides as directed
- Complete property reports upon completion of each job
- Suggest and implement new methods to improve maintenance standards, operational standards, or other as needed. We are a team, we want to hear your ideas!!
- Other responsibilities as directed by management.
- Valid CA Drivers License
- Knowledge of 2 wire systems
- Knowledge of multi wire systems
- 3+ years of commercial irrigation experience
- Basic knowledge of proper horticultural practices
- Ability to effectively manage 1-3 crew members
- Preferred: Bilingual English/Spanish